Peacocks Melody, Tan Leather Wallet
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$10 in Hong Kong and US$20 for rest of the world
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
Daadar upar gaon base, nav kori chani
Manjhoor jhaali, tema neel bagre hain.
On top of the hill rests my village, twenty homes spread out in nine rows like the tail of the beautiful peacock,
Like the peacock’s neck, the azure sky soars above.
~ A Gond karma song on the Patangarh village
Karma is a traditional dance of the Gond community where dancers wear peacock feathers on their head and tails and dance to the rhythmic beats of the nagara to appease Karam Deo- the god of fate in the Autumn season. A traditional tribal tale recounts how initially it was the peacocks who danced the Karma, and men learnt the dance from the peacocks.
Narrating the symbiotic relationship between man and nature and the deep love for his village in the hills of Madhya Pradesh, Venkat Raman Singh Shyam adorns this iconic tan wallet with the dance of peacocks, each as unique as the homes he remembers.
- Top Grain Tan leather
- Lining inside and golden chain all over the wallet
- 1 internal open pocket (big enough to fit your phone in)
- Detachable Wristlet to carry the wallet in your wrist
- Dimension in cm (L x W x H)- 20x2x10