Buy recording : ONLINE KERALA MURAL ADVANCED BY ADARSH
ONLINE KERALA MURAL ADVANCED BY ADARSH
This workshop is now over and you can buy recordings.
This advanced was conducted over 4 workshops and thus 4 recordings would be shared . Some basic knowledge of art would be useful in this workshop as it is a advanced. Adults and children over 16 can join.
We will be working on completing this Ganesha painting in this advanced (With borders and the size of the painting would be A3). The focus of the advanced will be to work on this painting in detail - In the course of the advanced we shall also cover the following elements that are unique to Kerala Mural:
- Borders in Kerala Mural
- Most common motifs in Kerala Mural
- Some basics of sketching human figures
- Using the 5 basic colours in Kerala Mural
- Mixing colours and shading in Kerala Mural
About the Artist: Adarsh has learnt Kerala Mural painting at Guruvayur from 2003 to 2008. He has been involved in a lot of conservation work with the government and UNESCO for the conservation of Kerala Murals across Kerala
Materials that you will need:
- A3 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching).
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors).
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.