BUY RECORDING: ONLINE MANDANA WORKSHOP WITH VIDHYA SONI
Rs. 500.00 Rs. 750.00
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
ONLINE MANDANA WORKSHOP WITH VIDHYA SONI
This workshop is now over, you can buy the recordings for this workshop. This workshop was done in 1 class and thus 1 recording would be provided.
Vidhya Soni ji will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Mandana Painting.
Vidya Devi Soni from Bhilwara learnt under the guidance of her father Shri Badri Lal and mother Smt Sumitra from the early age of 6 years. Today at the age of 68 years, she continues to practice this traditional art of India and was awarded the National Merit Award in 2017.
Mandana in the local language refers to ‘drawing’ in the context of chitra mandana or ‘drawing a picture’. Mandana is derived from the word Mandan which implies decoration and beautification. Historically, they have been practiced for centuries by women as decorations for special or festive occasions. Among others, these events included communal religious worship, festivals and fasts and lastly auspicious days in the life of the community such as birth or marriage. Since they were drawn for spiritual purposes, the pictures usually consisted of the main deity of the festival. This served two purposes simultaneously; a) the deity of the festival is invoked through the paintings b) the pictures were also a symbolic representation of the god or goddess.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size dark brown card sheet or brown card sheet(a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching) . If you cannot find a card sheet of this colour, please keep your A4 size sheet coloured in Terracotta colour (to make the background similar to the colour shown in the painting - mix red+orange+.5% touch of black colour)
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)- white colour is essential
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included