15th-17th October: Natural Charcoal Portrait with Homemade Kajal with Mohan Prajapati
ONLINE NATURAL CHARCOAL PORTRAIT WORKSHOP WITH MOHAN PRAJAPATI
DATE: 15th, 16th, 17th October 2022
TIME: 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM IST
The workshop will entail three classes of two hours each for beginners and will conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
Mohan ji has been painting since the age of 10, and he and his brother learnt from his father who was also a miniature artist. He has now been painting for the last 40 years – he has learnt many genres of art.
Mohan ji be taking us through a process of creating natural homemade Kajal and how it can be used to create life like portraits with intricate details and fine texture. We will learn how to give textures and depth to our artwork using monochromatic tones.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size sheet(a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Natural Kajal
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.