16th July 2022 : Sustainable Woven Wall Hanging Workshop with Gauhar ( in collaboration with SIROHI)
ONLINE SUSTAINABLE WOVEN WALL HANGING WORKSHOP WITH GAUHAR ( in collaboration with SIROHI)
DATE: 16 July 2022
TIME: 04:00 - 06:00 PM IST
This workshop will be conducted in one class of two hours for beginners and will be conducted over zoom - adults can join (not suitable for children)
Create your own handwoven wall hanging artwork at home! You can learn this traditional form of weaving which has been passed down through the generations, directly from our artisans. Take part in this unique experience of making something functional, sustainable and beautiful with your hands and our help! In this session, you will learn the Bharatpuri style of weave in 2-hour workshop with our expert artisan.
Materials Included in the kit:
1. 12" x 12" Wooden Frame
2. Black Cotton Cord
3. White Cotton Cord
Participants are suggested to keep a pen/pencil and a pair of scissors with them during the workshop.
Hours to Weave: 30 Mins
Co2 savings: 1.4 kg"
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.