BUY RECORDING- CHITRAKATHI ART WORKSHOP FOR KIDS BY CHETAN GANGWANE US and UK TIMEZONE FRIENDLY
Rs. 1,500.00 Rs. 2,250.00
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
This workshop is now over, you can buy the recordings for this workshop. This workshop was done in 3 classes of an hour each and thus 3 recordings would be provided.
Chetan Gangwane will guide the children on how to create the basic drawings shown in the image in Chitrakathi Art style.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About The Artist :
The Gangawane family are Chitrakathi artists who continue in the traditional craft, while also moving forward into contemporary interpretations. Parshuram Gangawane along with his two sons regularly hold Chitrakathi performances in their museum.. The Gangawane family is so devoted to preserving their collective art form that they have sold their cows and converted their cowshed into a museum on Chitrakathi where they hold their workshops and performances – the museum is called the ThakarAdivasi Kala Angan (Museum and Art Gallery) of the ancient village of Pinguli. The Thakar Adivasi caste of Pinguli is traditionally occupied with eleven different performance arts. Amongst these are the KalsutriBahulya, a string marionette show depicting the epics of Ramayana and Mahabharata; the Dayati, shadow puppet theatre; the Chitrakathi, storytelling with the help of paintings; and the Pangulbael, a ritual form of theatre around the figure of the sacred bull of Shiva.
Chetan has also completed a Bachelor in Arts from Mumbai University and from last 20 years has been working on the craft and all in all Thakar art forms all over India.
Terms and conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway