Buy recording: TERRACOTTA WORKSHOP WITH DINESH MOLELA (WITH MATERIALS)
ONLINE TERRACOTTA WORKSHOP WITH DINESH MOLELA
This workshop is now complete. You can buy the recordings only or recordings as well as the art kit.
For fifteen generations Dinesh ji's family have practised the tradition of making terracotta plaques of traditional Hindu Deities. Molela is known in the area as a 'potters village' as there are about 30 families from the Kumhar caste producing pottery.
This will be 1 class of two hours On Saturday and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
The following materials will be sent by us for this workshop
- Clay Dust 1 kg
- MDF board 8 by 9 inches
- Small amount of Saw dust
At your end please keep the following ready
- Old bowls to mix the clay dust etc
- Ball pen
- Plastic to cover the dough with
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.