29th November- 1st December: Gond Decor Plate Workshop x Vanya (Initiative by the tribal affairs department)
Gond Décor Plate Workshop x Vanya with Santosh Uikey (Initiative by the tribal affairs department, Government of Madhya Pradesh)
DATE: 29th, 30th November & 1st December
TIME: 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM IST
This workshop will be 3 classes of two hours for beginners and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join and you will later be able to access the recording through the MY WORKSHOPS section of the website.
Decorative plates are a fun way to bring color to your home. They elevate the aesthetic appeal of bare walls. These plates are adorned with Gond art which portrays intricately designed bird with signature Gond patterns. Hand Paint this wooden plate using poster colors, start by practicing the design on paper, then paint your plates with the final design. Finish it up by applying wood tarnish to prevent scratches and abrasions on your precious plates.
Material we will send to you :
- 12 inches Round MDF Plate
- Colour Varnish
- Acrylic Colors
Materials that you will need :
- Plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing.
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.