Buy Recording: LIVE ONLINE KALAMKARI WORKSHOP BY D LAKSHMI AMMA
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
ONLINE KALAMKARI WORKSHOP BY D LAKSHMI AMMA
This workshop is now over and you can buy the recording.
This was be a two hour class for beginners and was conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join.
National award winning artist D Lakshmi Amma i ji will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Kalamkari.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors).
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing. Specific sizes that will be used in this workshop 000, 1 and 10, Flat Brush No. 5/8
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About the artist: D Lakshmi Amma ji is a National award winning Kalamkari artist, and is a rare case of a woman artist pursuing the art of kalamkari, as traditionally, the craft is a man's preserve, with the woman doing the washing and drying.
Due to network issues, this class was ultimately conducted by Sudheer.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway.