Buy Recording: Online Kalamkari Workshop with Siva Prasad Reddy
Online Kalamkari Workshop with Siva Prasad Reddy
This workshop is now over, you can buy recording.
This was a two hour class for beginners and was conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join.
In this Kalamkari workshop we'll be making lord Ganesha in kalamkari style. This workshop gives you an overview of kalamkari style of painting. Traditional techniques of drawing the motifs and deities, though kalamkari art is an extensive procedure of drawing on a cloth but we will be substituting it with drawing on the paper and understanding the warm tone color pallet.
Our master artist Siva Prasada Reddy will be taking us through his knowledge of generational passed artform along with basic drawing and the other intricacies of Kalamkari art.
Materials that you will need:
- A3 or 11 x 14 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching).
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors).
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing.
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
The image shown above is on a cloth, In this workshop we will be replicating the same design on paper.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Enter the Terms and Conditions workshop recordings here.