Buy Recording : ONLINE BIKANER PAINTING WORKSHOP WITH MAHAVEER SWAMI
ONLINE BIKANER PAINTING WORKSHOP WITH MAHAVEER SWAMI
This workshop is now over and you can buy recordings.
This was a two hour class for beginners and was conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join.
Mahaveer Swami ji will guide you about the basic intricacies in Bikaner painting and we will be creating this beautiful artwork.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size Drawing sheet(a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Water colors. Specific colours needed- White, Black, Metallic Gold, Crimson Red, Sap Green and Yellow Ochre.
- Round Brushes (000, 00, 0, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 12), Water Bowl, Mixing Palette and Rough Cotton Fabric
- Pencil (HB or 2H) or Lead Pencil (0.5 HB or 2H for lining), Eraser
About the artist: Born in 1959 at Bikaner in state of Rajasthan in India, Mahaveer Swami received his initial training at home and later accomplished Diploma in Painting & Sculpture at the Rajasthan School of Art in Jaipur. Meanwhile he mastered in traditional style of painting under guidance of his mentor late Shri Vedpal Sharma “Bannu”.
He has exhibited in over 60 galleries in India from 1986 to 2021 in the cities of New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Pune, and internationally in Paris, Brussels, Jerusalem, Washington DC, Pittsburgh, Wave Hill, New York and Denver in the U.S.A., Japan, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Spain and Australia. He has given workshops in India at over 15 locations in various festivals and camps in Bikaner, Jaipur, Udaipur, Mount Abu and Haryana from 1996 through 2021 and given Demonstrations and Training Programmes in India from 1986 through 2021. Internationally he has taught in Paris, Cairo, Jerusalem, Dubai, Bhutan, Algeria, Taiwan, Belgium, Shanghai, and Hong Kong and in the USA in Pittsburgh and Washington, DC. He has received around 10 major awards for his exquisite artwork, including the Master Craftsman Award (National Award). Swami’s work is in the collections of over 17 museums and galleries in India and internationally in Jerusalem, Berlin, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA), Camden, Maine (USA), New York, Paris, Belgium and Algeria. His artwork appears in several books, magazines and online blogs. His work is in the permanent collection of Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation at the Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, the Museum Of Sacred Art in Durbuy, Belgium, the Cultural International Festival of Miniature & Illumination in Tlemcen, Algeria and in One Asia Project, Auroville, Pondicherry.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway.