6th FEB: LIVE ONLINE SANJHI WORKSHOP WITH ASHUTOSH (WITH MATERIALS)
Sold OutRs. 3,000.00
LIVE ONLINE SANJHI WORKSHOP WITH ASHUTOSH
DAY: 6th Feb, Saturday
Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 Noon IST
Sanjhi is the ancient art of paper stenciling practiced across Mathura and Vrindavan. This art is done with special scissors and hand-made paper to create a stencil.
(You can also sometimes place these stencils on flat surfaces or water, where they can be used to draw rangoli with dry colours or you can frame your sanjhi stencils with coloured paper behind it)
Ashutosh Verma, a fourth generation Sanjhi artist from Mathura will guide you will all process and techniques during the workshop. Sanjhi art has been practised in his family for the last 90 years
The following materials will be sent for this workshop:
- Special Scissors made only for Sanjhi Art by the artists family in Mathura
- Stencils for tracing the artwork will be provided
- Hand-made paper
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- Details to join the zoom call and a calendar invite will be sent a day before the workshops once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. We will keep the recordings for a week, please download after the workshop.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- We will also create a WhatsApp group for easy communication on the day of the class. The group will be deleted a couple of days after the class. Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address
Each of our bags is one of a kind and an exact copy of the same bag would not be made, however if you like the artwork or the style of bag and would like something similar, please click on 'Email us to customise a similar style/art bag' and we will get back to you with which styles of bags we currently have available where the artwork can be customised.