7th and 8th Nov : ONLINE MUDWORK/LIPPAN KAAM WORKSHOP WITH NALESMITA – MATERIALS INCLUDED
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
DAY: 7th- 8th November, Saturday & Sunday
Time: 03:30 pm to 5:30 pm IST
Bookings will only be taken till the 30th of October for first 10 attendees only. This will be a two-hour class over two weekends and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
Traditionally, Mud and mirror work is known as Lipan Kaam. This is a traditional mural craft of Kutch, Gujarat. The clay used is a mixture of chowk powder which has been passed through a sieve to obtain fine particles that mix more easily.
Nalesmita, a traditional Mudwork/Lippan Kaam artist from will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop.
The materials mentioned will be shipped once you register for the workshop.
- MDF 3mm-6mm - 3 pieces (12/12 inches)
- Chalk Powder – 1KG
- Fevicol SH – 200g
- Acrylic colors (set of 6 colours)
- Ivory Sheet 300GSM
- Cotton Cloth – 2 pieces (1/1 or 2/2 feet)
- Mirror pieces (Round & Diamond Shaped) – 3 packets
At your end please also have the following materials:
- Old newspapers
- Old bowls to mix fevicol etc
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- Details to join the zoom call and a calendar invite will be sent on Fridays, a day before the workshops once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. We will keep the recordings for a week, please download after the workshop.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- We will also create a WhatsApp group for easy communication on the day of the class. The group will be deleted a couple of days after the class. Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address