Live Online Bikaner Art Indian Botanicals Advanced Workshop With Mahaveer Swami - Learn to paint Mogra, Genda, Datura and Champaka from still life to Bikaner Art over 8 classes!
ONLINE BIKANER PAINTING WORKSHOP WITH MAHAVEER SWAMI
Date : 18, 19, 25, 26 June 2, 3, 9, 10 July 2022
Time : 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM IST
Early bird discount of 20% valid only on bookings till 15th May
This workshop will be done in 8 classes of two hours and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join.
Mahaveer Swami ji will guide you about the intricacies in Bikaner painting and we will be creating this beautiful artwork.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size Drawing sheet(a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Water colors. Specific colours needed- White, Black, Metallic Gold, Crimson Red, Sap Green and Yellow Ochre.
- Round Brushes (000, 00, 0, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 12), Water Bowl, Mixing Palette and Rough Cotton Fabric
- Pencil (HB or 2H) or Lead Pencil (0.5 HB or 2H for lining), Eraser
About the artist: Born in 1959 at Bikaner in state of Rajasthan in India, Mahaveer Swami received his initial training at home and later accomplished Diploma in Painting & Sculpture at the Rajasthan School of Art in Jaipur. Meanwhile he mastered in traditional style of painting under guidance of his mentor late Shri Vedpal Sharma “Bannu”.
He has exhibited in over 60 galleries in India from 1986 to 2021 in the cities of New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Pune, and internationally in Paris, Brussels, Jerusalem, Washington DC, Pittsburgh, Wave Hill, New York and Denver in the U.S.A., Japan, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Spain and Australia. He has given workshops in India at over 15 locations in various festivals and camps in Bikaner, Jaipur, Udaipur, Mount Abu and Haryana from 1996 through 2021 and given Demonstrations and Training Programmes in India from 1986 through 2021. Internationally he has taught in Paris, Cairo, Jerusalem, Dubai, Bhutan, Algeria, Taiwan, Belgium, Shanghai, and Hong Kong and in the USA in Pittsburgh and Washington, DC. He has received around 10 major awards for his exquisite artwork, including the Master Craftsman Award (National Award). Swami’s work is in the collections of over 17 museums and galleries in India and internationally in Jerusalem, Berlin, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA), Camden, Maine (USA), New York, Paris, Belgium and Algeria. His artwork appears in several books, magazines and online blogs. His work is in the permanent collection of Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation at the Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, the Museum Of Sacred Art in Durbuy, Belgium, the Cultural International Festival of Miniature & Illumination in Tlemcen, Algeria and in One Asia Project, Auroville, Pondicherry.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.