Dimensions : 1.3 by 2.1 feet | 16 by 25 inches
Medium : Natural Colors on Cloth
Ganesha, also spelled Ganesh, also called Ganapati, elephant-headed Hindu god of beginnings, who is traditionally worshipped before any major enterprise is the patron of intellectuals, bankers, scribes, and authors.
About the artist: Sudheer is the first generation Kalamkari Artist in his family. He has a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts. He was awarded Andhra Pradesh State Award in 2007, Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Award in 2006, and Konaseema Chitrakala Parisad Award in 2009, for his excellent work in Kalamkari. He has also been a part of various art camps.
About Kalamkari: Kalamkari refers to the ancient style of hand painting done with a tamarind pen, using natural dyes. The name Kalamkari originates from Persian words qalam (pen) and kari (craftsmanship). Paintings made on fabric and fabric scrolls are mentioned in ancient Hindu, Buddhist and Jain literature. Under medieval Islamic rule, the term Kalamkari was derived from the words "kalam", which means "pen" in Telugu, and "kari", which means craftmanship. This became popular under the patronage of the Golconda sultanate. Motifs drawn in this ancient art of Kalamkari, include flowers, peacock, paisleys and also divine characters from Ramayana and Mahabharata. Kalamkari colours are made mostly from vegetable dyes. The popularity of this exquisite form of painting has earned international repute for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Kalamkari art was the household occupation of several rural women and craftsmen in the ancient times and continues to be passed down from one generation to the next. Artforms like Kalamkari have started gaining more and more popularity in recent times because of their no-chemical process of creating printed textiles.
This painting is made to order
- Size: 25 x 16 inches
- This painting is made to order
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Kalamkari painting by artist Sudheer
- Painting on cloth using natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- This painting will be made to order and will take 1 to 1.5 months.
- Please note that as all the artworks are made to order, while the artists will attempt to create the artwork as close to the original artwork as possible but as with all things handmade there maybe some differences in colour and rendition which truly renders each painting as one of a kind.
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat
Each of our artworks are hand painted by master artists across India. We provide an authentication certificate with this artwork signed by the artist.
The sizes mentioned are excluding the borders of the artwork.
We take custom artwork orders, please use the WhatsApp chat below or email us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements in more detail.
We ship worldwide, shipping charges of 2000 INR are applicable for international orders. Our Prices are inclusive of GST/Taxes. No additional charges are applicable for domestic deliveries.
All artworks are packed and couriered securely in a tube.
Ready To Ship/ In Stock artworks are shipped in under 2 weeks. We only accept return requests for Ready to Ship/ In stock artworks placed within a week from date of delivery.
Made To Order artworks will take 2-3 weeks to be made and shipped once they are ready. Returns are not applicable on Made To Order artworks.
All artworks on the website are hand painted from scratch by our master artists. That makes every artwork absolutely unique and the actual colour and overall artwork may vary slightly from the artwork image posted here.