Buy Recording: ONLINE TANJORE WORKSHOP WITH SANJAY TANDEKAR (With Materials)
ONLINE DIWALI SPECIAL TANJORE WORKSHOP BY SANJAY TANDEKAR
You can buy the recording of this workshop. Tanjore paintings are created with real gold foil (22k Gold).
Sanjay Tandekar, a traditional Tanjore painting artist from will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop.
This is a BEGINNER FRIENDLY workshop and the following steps will be covered in this 5 day workshop .Please note that our earlier workshops have been done in 4 days but as this particular artwork requires more work and is being done on a bigger sized board hence this workshop is being scheduled over 5 days - with Diwali coming up soon, we thought it would be apt to paint a beautiful Tanjore painting of Goddess Lakshmi.
- Tracing , coloring and shading techniques
- Single layer cone work
- Gold foil work
You can also signup for the Tanjore Ganesha workshop if you want to create both Lakshmi and Ganesha artworks for Diwali and avail a 10% discount only if you signup for both workshops together. (the discount will apply automatically in your cart if you add both)
The following materials will be sent in the art kit for this workshop:
- Bigger Muckboard (Size: 10/12 inches) -this is the traditional board made by the artist for Tanjore art (we will not be covering making the board in the workshop) . In earlier workshops we have worked on a 8 by 10 inches board and this time as the painting has more work thus we are working with a bigger board.
- Gold foil sheets (22k gold)
- Arabic gum
- Stones in different sizes as required in the artwork (not precious stones)
- Chalk powder
- Artwork and tracing paper
- Red/Yellow carbon paper
- Plastic sheet to make cones
- Cello Tape
- Paper cutter
- Gold Color
At your end please also have the following materials:
- Thread to tie the cone
- Pencil and rubber
- Poster colours (acrylic colours are also ok but poster colors are preferred) and colour pallete
- A smooth silky material cloth- small piece just to pat the gold foil when pasting it
- Please have a hair dryer with you so that the cone work can dry quickly in the first workshop and we can start the gold foil work
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Enter the Terms and Conditions workshop recordings here.