16th May 2022: Live Online Madhubani Art Workshop with Priti Karn , Sipping Thoughts X MeMeraki
Live Online Madhubani Art Workshop with Priti Karn , Sipping Thoughts X MeMeraki
DATE: 16th May, Monday
TIME: 04:00 pm to 05:00 pm IST
This workshop will be done in one class of an hour and will be conducted over zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join and you will also have access to the recording on the MeMeraki platform 'MY WORKSHOPS' section once the workshop is complete so you can complete at your own time and pace.
Priti Karn a state award winning madhubani artist will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop to create this beautiful artwork of Madhubani fish.
This is a free workshop as a collaboration with Sipping Thoughts in the months of May and June to bring creativity and mindfulness focussed heritage art workshops fortnightly to the Sipping thoughts community and in the process also spread awareness about heritage Indian arts and leading women Master Artists of these arts.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching).
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors).
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing. Specific sizes that will be used in this workshop 000, 1 and 10, Flat Brush No. 5/8
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.