BUY RECORDING: ONLINE TANJORE WORKSHOP WITH SANJAY TANDEKAR (With materials)
ONLINE TANJORE WORKSHOP WITH SANJAY TANDEKAR
This workshop is now complete. You can buy the recordings only or recordings as well as the art kit.
This was 3 classes of two-hours each (total 6 hours) and was conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
Tanjore paintings are created with real gold foil (22k Gold).
Sanjay Tandekar, a traditional Tanjore painting artist from will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop.
This is a beginner friendly workshop and the following steps will be covered in this 3 day workshop
- Tracing ,coloring and shading techniques
- Single layer cone work
- Gold foil work
The following materials will be sent by us for this workshop if you buy recording plus materials
- Muckboard (8/10 inches) - this is the traditional board made by the artist for Tanjore art (we will not be covering making the board in the workshop)
- Gold foil sheets (real)- 8 sheets
- Arabic gum (brown color) - 350 ml
- Round stones (not real) in 2 colours red and green in size 3,4,5 - 6 small packets
- Chalk powder - 500 gm
- Artwork and tracing paper
- Red/Yellow carbon paper
- Plastic sheet to make cones-2
- Fevicol- small bottle (200 ml)
- Plastic to make cones
- Cello Tape
- Paper cutter
- Gold Color (Acrylic metallic)- 10-20ML
At your end please also have the following materials:
- Thread to tie the cone
- Pencil and rubber
- Poster colours (acrylic colours are also ok but poster colors are preferred) and colour pallete
- A smooth silky material cloth- small piece just to pat the gold foil when pasting it
- Please have a hair dryer with you so that the cone work can dry quickly in the first workshop and we can start the gold foil work
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Enter the Terms and Conditions workshop recordings here.