BUY RECORDING: ONLINE TANJORE WORKSHOP WITH SANJAY TANDEKAR – MATERIALS INCLUDED
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
This workshop is now complete. You can buy the recordings only or recordings as well as the art kit.
This will be 3 classes of two-hours each (total 6 hours) and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
Tanjore paintings are created with real gold foil (22k Gold).
Sanjay Tandekar, a traditional Tanjore painting artist from will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop.
The materials mentioned will be shipped once you register for the workshop.
- Muckboard (8/10 inches)
- Gold foil sheets (real)- 8 sheets
- Arabic gum (brown color) - approx. 350 ml
- Drop shaped stones (not real) approximately 2 for decoration
- Chalk powder -approx. 500 gm
- Artwork and tracing paper
- Red/Yellow carbon paper
- Plastic sheet to make cones
- Fevicol- small bottle (100-125 ml)
- Plastic to make cones
- Cello Tape
- Paper cutter
- Gold Color (Acrylic metallic)- approx. 10-20ML
At your end please also have the following materials:
- Thread to tie the cone
- Pencil and rubber
- Poster colours (acrylic colours are also ok but poster colors are preferred) and colour pallete
- A smooth silky material cloth- small piece just to pat the gold foil when pasting it
- Please have a hair dryer with you so that the cone work can dry quickly in the first workshop and we can start the gold foil work
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- Details to join the zoom call and a calendar invite will be sent on Fridays, a day before the workshops once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. We will keep the recordings for a week, please download after the workshop.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- We will also create a WhatsApp group for easy communication on the day of the class. The group will be deleted a couple of days after the class. Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address