17,18,19,20 August : ONLINE PATTACHITRA MASTERCLASS WITH APINDRA SWAIN
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
LIVE ONLINE PATTACHITRA MASTERCLASS WITH APINDRA SWAIN
Date: 17, 18, 19, 20th August (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Time: 05:00 pm to 07:00 pm IST
This workshop will be done in 4 classes and thus 4 recordings and a detailed presentation covering all the class material would be provided.
Apindra Swain will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Pattachitra Art and a detailed presentation covering all the class material would be provided. This is what we will cover in each class
- Class 1: Different types of borders. Practise of Faces, eyes, ears for human figures
- Class 2: Practise of hands and legs for human figures, jewelry (Alankar), traditional clothes like dhoti etc
- Class 3: Trees, leaves, animals, fish, birds
- Class 4: Final painting update
(In each class a bit of the final painting will also be made using the elements learned in that class)
Materials that you will need:
- A3 size (about 11.75 by 16.5 inches) (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)- we would be making this painting in a bigger size
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About the Artist:
Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Apindra Swain's family has been painting for generations. He is one artist who is trying to find a new path for this traditional art form and works on modern artifacts like kettles, bottles and experiments with changing the art form like incorporating calligraphy within Pattachitra art. To continue the legacy of Pattachitra in new and interesting ways is his dream
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and conditions:
- We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. We will keep the recordings for a week, please download after the workshop.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- We will also create a WhatsApp group for easy communication on the day of the class. The group will be deleted a couple of days after the class. Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address