24th, 25th Dec : Online Tholu Lampshade Workshop with Kanday Anjanappa
Online Tholu Lampshade Workshop with Kanday Anjanappa
DATE: 24th & 25th DECEMBER, 2022
TIME: 05:00 Pm to 07:00 PM IST
This lampshade decorated in beautiful flower design can be a wonderful addition to your drawing room or on your bedside table. MeMeraki will help you brighten your personal spaces with a touch of traditional Indian Tholu art. You will be creating your own lampshade adorned with Tholu art. Start with practicing on a rough paper, and then sketch first on the lampshade using a pencil, make the sketch fair by painting it with poster colours.
The workshop will be conducted over 2 classes of two hours each and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join. Beginner friendly
Kanday Anjanapp will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Tholu Bommalata and you will be creating your own Lampshade.
Materials that we will send to you:
- Stand with Leather shade
- Natural Colors ( Red, Yellow, Black, Orange, Crimson Pink, Green, Blue & Brown)
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)- please have slightly thicker paper of about 300 GSM as that is more sturdy for making the puppet(normal printing paper is about 55 gsm for comparison)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.