Buy Recording : ONLINE CHERIYAL SCROLL PAINTING WORKSHOP WITH SAI KIRAN
ONLINE CHERIYAL SCROLL PAINTING WORKSHOP WITH SAI KIRAN
This workshop is now over and you can buy recordings.
This was a 2 hour workshop - adults or children above 8 years can join.
Sai will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Cheriyal Scroll Art.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About the artist: The Dhanalakota family is the last practicing family for Cheriyal Scroll art, and the 27 year old artist Sai Kiran, shoulders the big responsibility of carrying forward this legacy. A 160 year old Cheriyal scroll painted by his great great grandfather is also exhibited in a museum in Paris to give you an idea of his family's legacy. With the demand for Cheriyal scrolls reducing, his parents told him to study and not pursue art, but Sai Kiran pursued a degree in fine arts to learn new art techniques to contemporarise the art and make it relevant in today's times.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Enter the Terms and Conditions workshop recordings here.