19, 20 21, 22th October : ONLINE ADVANCED PATTACHITRA ART WORKSHOP WITH APINDRA SWAIN
ONLINE PATTACHITRA ART WORKSHOP WITH APINDRA SWAIN
DATE: 19th, 20th, 21, 22nd October, 2021 (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday)
TIME: 05:00 pm to 07:00 pm IST
This will be 4 workshops of 2 hours each -as this is an advanced workshop, some prior experience with sketching and painting is required.
Apindra Swain will guide you on how to create this beautiful painting Dashavatar painting of Vishnu's 10 avatars. We will not be able to finish the final touches for the complete painting, the focus will be to sketch all the 10 figures with details and learn the finishing for 1 only which you can then apply to all the other figures too for final finishing.
Materials that you will need:
- A3 sized paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
Terms and conditions:
- We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. We will keep the recordings for a week, please download after the workshop.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- We will also create a WhatsApp group for easy communication on the day of the class. The group will be deleted a couple of days after the class. Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address