ONLINE MINIATURE PAINTING WORKSHOP BY MOHAN PRAJAPATI
This workshop is now over and you can buy recordings.
This was a two hour class for beginners and was conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join.
Mohan ji will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Miniature art.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching).
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors).
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing. Specific sizes that will be used in this workshop 000, 1 and 10, Flat Brush No. 5/8
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About the artist: Mohan ji has been painting since the age of 10, and he and his brother learnt from his father who was also a miniature artist. He has now been painting for the last 40 years – he has learnt many genres of miniature art – Mughal and Kangra and has also received many awards in Mughal style of miniature art. He has exhibited at New York, China (7/8 times), Bahrain and many domestic exhibitions. In 2004 he has received the state awards and the National award in 2007.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
No, we do not provide art kits with this workshop. Before the workshop, we will share the list of materials you will need to complete your artwork. Our materials list is curated to make sure all required items are easily available.
However, we also sell art kits for some of the art forms seperately which you can find here.