Buy Recording: ONLINE PATTACHITRA WORKSHOP (Kandarpa Haathi)WITH APINDRA SWAIN
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
ONLINE PATTACHITRA WORKSHOP WITH APINDRA SWAIN
This workshop is now over, you can buy the recordings for this workshop. This was conducted over 4 classes of 2 hours each (total 8 hours) thus 4 recordings would be sent. We would be learning to make this traditional artwork 'Kandarpa Haathi' in traditional pattachitra style in 4 workshops of 2 hours each.
Materials that you will need:
- A3 size (about 11.75 by 16.5 inches) (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)- we would be making this painting in a bigger size
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About the Artist: Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Apindra Swain's family has been painting for generations. He is one artist who is trying to find a new path for this traditional art form and works on modern artifacts like kettles, bottles and experiments with changing the art form like incorporating calligraphy within pattachitra art. To continue the legacy of pattachitra in new and interesting ways is his dream. He has exhibited at many acclaimed exhibitions both domestically and internationally (Singapore, Hong Kong, Maldives, Sri Lanka)
About the artwork Kandarpa Haathi : The story goes that it was Radha's idea to arrange the sakhis (friends) in the form of an elephant which her sakhi-loving Beau Sri Krishna would be able to happily ride upon! 10 sakhis (friends) have been beautifully arranged in precision to form a big elephant figure "Kandarpa Haathi" on top of which Sri Krishna is perched. In a similar way, Radha also planned for Kandarpa Rath" or chariot.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway