Buy Recording : ONLINE PATTACHITRA MASTERCLASS WITH APINDRA SWAIN
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
ONLINE PATTACHITRA MASTERCLASS WITH APINDRA SWAIN
This workshop is now over and you can buy recordings.
This workshop was done in 4 classes and thus 4 recordings and a detailed presentation covering all the class material would be provided.
Apindra Swain will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Pattachitra Art and a detailed presentation covering all the class material would be provided. This is what we will cover in each class
- Class 1: Different types of borders. Practise of Faces, eyes, ears for human figures
- Class 2: Practise of hands and legs for human figures, jewelry (Alankar), traditional clothes like dhoti etc
- Class 3: Trees, leaves, animals, fish, birds
- Class 4: Final painting update
(In each class a bit of the final painting will also be made using the elements learned in that class)
Materials that you will need:
- A3 size (about 11.75 by 16.5 inches) (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)- we would be making this painting in a bigger size
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About the Artist:
Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Apindra Swain's family has been painting for generations. He is one artist who is trying to find a new path for this traditional art form and works on modern artifacts like kettles, bottles and experiments with changing the art form like incorporating calligraphy within Pattachitra art. To continue the legacy of Pattachitra in new and interesting ways is his dream
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway.