ONLINE WARLI UMBRELLA ART WORKSHOP WITH DILIP BAHOTHA
This workshop is now over, you can buy recordings.
The workshop was done in a two hour class and was conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
The white fine lines and dark background shows the pattern of people dancing on grass surrounded by trees, celebrating the arrival of the rain. Rain is a positive omen in India, bringing joy and optimism with it. What better way to celebrate monsoon than by decorating umbrellas with beautiful Warli art/
Paint the celebration of the monsoon on your umbrellas and flaunt it through sun and rain.
For painting your umbrellas, use of acrylic paints is more preferable as it is more durable in rain. Paint your umbrellas with a delicate stroke of brush using white paint and create the typical Warli art stick figures dancing around your umbrella.
Dililp Bahotha, a traditional Warli painting artist will guide you with the process and techniques of warli art.
Materials that we will send:
- Acrylic Colors- 6 Shades with extra white
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
We ship worldwide, shipping charges of 2000 INR are applicable for international orders. Our Prices are inclusive of GST/Taxes. No additional charges are applicable for domestic deliveries.