Sanjay Tandekar, a traditional Tanjore painting artist from will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop.
This is a BEGINNER FRIENDLY workshop and we will be working on this beautiful artwork of Goddess Lakshmi-Tanjore paintings are created with real gold foil (22k Gold).
- 24th Jan, Tuesday, 5:00 pm 7:00 pm
- 25th Jan, Wednesday, 5:00 pm 7:00 pm
- 26th Jan, Thursday, 5:00 pm 7:00 pm
- 27th Jan, Friday, 5:00 pm 7:00 pm
- 28th Jan, Saturday 5:00 pm 7:00 pm
The following steps will be covered in this 5 day workshop
- Tracing , coloring and shading techniques
- Single layer cone work
- Gold foil work
- Bigger Muckboard (Size: 10/12 inches) -this is the traditional board made by the artist for Tanjore art (we will not be covering making the board in the workshop) . In earlier workshops we have worked on a 8 by 10 inches board and this time as the painting has more work thus we are working with a bigger board.
- Gold foil sheets (22k gold)
- Arabic gum
- Stones in different sizes as required in the artwork (not precious stones)
- Chalk powder
- Artwork and tracing paper
- Red/Yellow carbon paper
- Plastic sheet to make cones
- Cello Tape
- Paper cutter
- Gold Color
We ship worldwide, shipping charges of 2000 INR are applicable for international orders. Our Prices are inclusive of GST/Taxes. No additional charges are applicable for domestic deliveries.
- Thread to tie the cone
- Pencil and rubber
- Poster colours (acrylic colours are also ok but poster colors are preferred) and colour pallete
- A smooth silky material cloth- small piece just to pat the gold foil when pasting it
- Please have a hair dryer with you so that the cone work can dry quickly in the first workshop and we can start the gold foil work