28, 29, 30, 31st July 2022 : ONLINE KALAMKARI WORKSHOP with SUDHEER (With traditional Materials)
ONLINE KALAMKARI WORKSHOP WITH SUDHEER
DATE: 28, 29, 30, 31st July 2022
TIME: 05:00 - 07:00 PM IST
This workshop will be conducted in four classes of two hours each for beginners and will be conducted over zoom - adults can join (not suitable for children)
This will be 4 classes of 2 hours each (total 8 hours) and will be conducted over Zoom - only for adults. We would be learning to make Kalamkari in a traditional style with authentic materials supplied by the artist in 4 workshops of 2 hours each.
About the Artist: Sudheer is the first generation Kalamkari Artist in his family. He has a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts. He was awarded Andhra Pradesh State Award in 2007, Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Award in 2006, and Konaseema Chitrakala Parisad Award in 2009, for his excellent work in Kalamkari. He has also been a part of various art camps across India.
Materials that will be sent as part of this workshop:
- Two cotton canvas's prepared by the artist - (one sketched and half done by the artist and one plain cotton)
- Natural Colours made by the artist- red, yellow, black (approx 100 ml each)
- Traditional 5 Bamboo pens for sketching and painting
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.