31ST MAY: ONLINE PATTACHITRA ART WORKSHOP BY APINDRA SWAIN
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$10 in Hong Kong, US$20 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
These are unprecedented times - we wanted to do something to help our artists and help the community at the same time. We posted online art tutorial videos by our artists which were really loved by people and encouraged us to initiate live online art classes. Art is truly therapeutic and will hopefully help you as much as it is helping us. All proceeds from the sales of these art workshops will be passed directly to our artists.
DAY: 31st May, Sunday
Time: 10:30 am-12:30 pm India time / 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm Hong Kong time
Apindra ji will guide you on how to create the basic drawing, colour combinations and the final finishing. At the end of the class we will also share images of other more complicated artworks which you can practice in your own time. Step by step instructions will be given and also shared after the class. You can get direct feedback from the artist during the class.
Materials that you will need:
- Paper (this painting is about regular A4 size, slightly smaller)
- Brushes from size 0 to size 5/6 should be enough
- Colours – Poster colours are preferred but you can use acrylic if you do not have poster colours
- Black rotoring pen for outlines
This will be a two hour class for beginners and will be conducted over Zoom and is suitable for both adults and children above 8. Please note that sometimes the network may not be very good as most artists live in small towns and villages, we will have backup videos and images to keep sharing during the workshop just in case there is any issue.
About the Artist: Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Apindra Swain's family has been painting for generations. He is one artist who is trying to find a new path for this traditional art form and works on modern artifacts like kettles, bottles and experiments with changing the art form like incorporating calligraphy within pattachitra art. To continue the legacy of pattachitra in new and interesting ways is his dream
More classes will be organised every week with other artists as well, we hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- Details to join the zoom call will be sent once we receive payment and you will be asked to share the name of the participant. Only one participant per purchase and please join with the registered email address. We will also send a Google Calendar invite once you register
- All the sales proceeds minus payment gateway cost will be passed to the artist as we are facilitating these workshops to help our artists during these unprecedented times
- Class is not transferrable to another person and maximum 10 people per class - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered