6th,8th,10th July CHERIYAL SCROLL WORKSHOP FOR KIDS BY SAI KIRAN (HK/Singapore/India/Aus timezone friendly)
Sold OutRs. 1,500.00
Days: Monday (6th July), Wednesday (8th July) and Friday (10th July)
Time: 3 pm to 4 PM HK/Singapore Time (12:30 pm to 1:30 pm IST)
This will be a one hour class for children (5 years and above) and will be conducted over Zoom
Sai Kiran will guide the children on how to create the basic drawings shown in the image in Cheriyal Scroll style.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About the Artist - Sai Kiran Dhanalakota - The DhanalaKota family is the last practicing family for Cheriyal Scroll art, and the 27 year old artist SaiKiran, shoulders the big responsibility of carrying forward this legacy. A 160 year old Cheriyal scroll painted by his great great grandfather is also exhibited in a museum in Paris to give you an idea of his family's legacy. With the demand for Cheriyal scrolls reducing, his parents told him to study and not pursue art, but SaiKiran pursued a degree in fine arts to learn new art techniques to contemporarise the art and make it relevant in today's times. He wishes the Cheriyal scroll artists knew more about the stories they are painting too, since the storytellers for these paintings are independent and add their own colour to the stories, but he makes an effort to learn these stories and his own favorite story is that of Gaurapuranama, about Toddy Tappers (Wine tappers). Such wise words from such a young one ' We change our phones every year, our phone covers every 2 months, change is such a constant, so our art has to keep up with this change and evolve too'
Terms and Conditions:
- Details to join the zoom call will be sent once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD) and you will be asked to share the name of the participant. Only one participant per purchase and please join with the registered email address. We will also send a Google Calendar invite once you register
- Class is not transferable to another person and maximum 10 people per class - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered
Each of our bags is one of a kind and an exact copy of the same bag would not be made, however if you like the artwork or the style of bag and would like something similar, please click on 'Email us to customise a similar style/art bag' and we will get back to you with which styles of bags we currently have available where the artwork can be customised.