Buy recording: ONLINE GOND ART WORKSHOP WITH VENKAT SHYAM
Rs. 500.00 Rs. 750.00
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
ONLINE GOND WORKSHOP BY VENKAT SHYAM
This workshop is now over, you can buy the recordings for this workshop. This workshop was done in 1 class and thus 1 recording would be provided - adults or children above 8 years can join.
Venkat Shyam will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Gond Art.
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About the artist: “Every artist from the Gond community has developed a unique style and patterning for their art. For me, it is the Bindu or dot (symbolising the supreme god) and the half moon around it (symbolising our village and community). I see so much similarity between my work and that of Dali and Picasso!” Venkat Raman Singh Shyam was 10 when he picked up pieces of charcoal and adorned every inch of the walls of his home and scraps of newspaper with sketches of all that he saw in his village. Born into a Gond Pardhan family in Sejohra village of Madhya Pradesh, Venkat has entrenched himself in the world of Art for the last 4 decades. Training under his uncle, famed Gond artist late Jangarh Singh Shyam, Venkat learnt to develop his own unique style while visually narrating ancient tales of his community and modern day scenes of the world around him. The essence of Venkat’s art is rooted in the crossroad where ancient oral histories meet with independent vision. “Change is the ultimate rule of nature and the universe. While the theme of my paintings are rooted in my traditions and mythology, my narrative constantly adapts to reach out to varied audiences” says Venkat.
Terms and Conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway