7th, 8th October : Paint your own KAVAD WORKSHOP BY SATYANARAYAN , MATERIALS INCLUDED
ONLINE 'PAINT YOUR OWN KAVAD' WORKSHOP BY SATYANARAYAN
Date: 7, 8th October, 2021
Time: 06:00 Pm to 08:00 Pm
The workshop will be a two classes of two hours each for beginners and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join.
Satyanarayan will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Kavad. Please note the artwork will be modified by the artist during the workshop and the artwork shown here is indicative
Materials that will be sent in this workshop
- Kavad handmade with wood and with base colour painted
- Set of 6 colours
- 6, 4 & 0 sizes brushes
Materials that you will need at your end:
- Water and palette for mixing.
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching).
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
- You can also choose to add a coat of varnish at the end
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
About the Artist: Satya Narayan Suthar is National Award Winner in Kavad Art. Satyanarayan Suthar was born in 1972 in Bassi, Rajasthan and attended the village school. He learned the art of Kavad making from his father. He has won several awards for his unique work in the art of kavad making. In 2004 he was given the District award, followed by a State award in 2009 and recently the National award.
Terms and conditions:
- We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address