8th Jan: ONLINE FREE WARLI WORKSHOP WITH ANIL WANGAD
FREE WARLI WORKSHOP WITH ANIL WANGAD
DAY: 8th Jan (FRIDAY) (RESCHEDULED TO 8TH JAN FROM 7TH JAN)
Time: 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM IST
This will be a one hour class and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
Anil Wangad, a traditional Warli painting artist will guide you with the process and techniques of warli art.
(Anil Vangad has been painting since the last 18-19 years experimenting in themes of Gods, Goddess and themes of weddings and the famous tarpa dance from the Warli culture. Since there is no written script of their language all their folktales and legends are depicted in a pictorial manner that have passed down from one generation to another. It is the artist mother who influenced him and taught him how to paint. He still prefers to use the tradition mediums of gerue, rice paste, charcoal and cow dung with the use of synthetic paints and dyes. Anil Vangad is a not just passionate about his painting but also farming which is the traditional occupation of the Warlis. He has a vision and zeal to take the Warli art forward by incorporating the good of the modern world as well as retaining their traditions.)
Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching).
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors).
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing.
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- Details to join the zoom call and a calendar invite will be sent on Fridays, a day before the workshops once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. We will keep the recordings for a week, please download after the workshop.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- We will also create a WhatsApp group for easy communication on the day of the class. The group will be deleted a couple of days after the class. Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address