9th and 10th Feb: LIVE ONLINE LIPPAN KAAM WORKSHOP BY NALEMITHA(Suitable for US timezone too)
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
ONLINE LIPPAN KAAM WORKSHOP BY NALEMITHA
DAY: 9th and 10th Feb (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Time: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm IST (suitable for US timezone too on popular demand)
Traditionally, Mud and mirror work is known as Lipan Kaam. This is a traditional mural craft of Kutch, Gujarat. The clay used is a mixture of chowk powder which has been passed through a sieve to obtain fine particles that mix more easily.
Nalemihta, a traditional Mudwork/Lippan Kaam artist from Kutch will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop. During the workshop, the artist will simplify the artwork a bit than what is shown in the image. This will be 2 classes of two-hour each over one weekends and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
The following materials will be sent by us for this workshop if you buy recording plus materials
- MDF 6mm - 2 pieces (11/11 inches)
- Chalk Powder – approx. 1KG
- Fevicol 250ml
- Ivory Sheet -1 (A4 Size)
- Cotton Cloth – 2 pieces (1/1 feet) for rough use and covering the dough
- Mirror pieces (Round)- about 200pc
- Colours (acrylic)- set of 6 colours
- Old newspapers to make paper pulp
At your end please keep the following ready
- Old bowls to mix the chalk powder etc
- Brushes and pallete
- Pencil and Rubber for the sketch
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- Details to join the zoom call and a calendar invite will be sent on Fridays, a day before the workshops once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. We will keep the recordings for a week, please download after the workshop.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- We will also create a WhatsApp group for easy communication on the day of the class. The group will be deleted a couple of days after the class. Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address