Animals Bhil Painting by Geeta Bariya
Bhil Art is instinctive and primordial, born out of an ancient connection with nature. The community creating these beautiful paintings like to create paintings depicting the real life around them. Here we see a mother with young cubs. The painting conveys the subject in beautiful colours and unique shapes.
About the Art- The Bhils are the second largest tribal community in India, residing in Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan. Some Bhils trace their ancestry to Eklavya, the archer from Mahabharata, while some scholars even believe that Valmiki, who authored Ramayana, was a Bhil. Traditionally, the art of the Bhil folk would adorn the clay walls of their village homes. Beautiful images would be painted with neem sticks and other twigs, and natural dyes would be used. Turmeric, flour, vegetables, leaves and oil were used to derive brilliant colours to make fascinating frescoes on floors and walls, in a language created by the Bhils, to convey their experiences. Bhil paintings usually consist of large, un-lifelike shapes of everyday characters filled in with earthy, yet bright colours, and then covered with an overlay of uniform dots in several patterns and colours that stand out strikingly against the background. The dots on a Bhil painting are not random. They are patterns that could be made to represent anything that the artists wish to, from ancestors to deities. Because these patterns are solely in the hands of the artists who create them, the work of every Bhil artist is unique, and the dot patterns can be counted as the artist’s signature style.
- Size: 11 by 15 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame.
- Handpainted in Bhil art style on handmade paper.
- Painted with natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image.
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat