Deepak, the light: Mandana Painting by Vidya Devi Soni
हीड/ दीपक , मकान के बाहर में बनाया जाता है
The lamp, signifying light, it is made outside houses entrances on the left and right of the door.
Painted by Artist Vidya Devi Soni, acclaimed Mandana Artist. Vidya Devi Soni (Age 70), was born in a traditional artist family and learnt the art of Mandana from her father and mother. In her almost 60 years of carrying the legacy of this art forward, she has been awarded the National Merit Award in 2017 and has also taught many students. In her work, you will see the traditional ways of painting Mandana art, beautiful geometric patterns of Mandana art dancing off from her paintings, preserving this heritage art in its original form yet making it beautifully accessible for todays modern homes.
Mandana Paintings, one of the oldest forms of tribal art of India is predominantly done by the Meena community in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. One of the incredible feats of Mandana art is that it isn’t taught through mere formal training but passed along as girls learn it by observing and emulating their mothers. In a way, it is seen as a skill that has connected women over generations. These paintings are often seen on walls and floors of rural mud houses, keeping the place ornamental. The theme differs from animals such as peacocks and elephants to wells and water bodies. Even without colour, it portrays a distinctive and diverse design that binds several generations together. Some believe that making these on the entrance of homes while serving its decorative attribute, also protects the home from evil. It has religious and auspicious significance as seen on major Indian festivals when it embellishes houses just like Rangoli art. It wards off wicked energies while manifesting divinity.
- Size : 11*16 inches
- Handmade Paper card sheet
- Mandana art style
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat