My Village , handpainted in Saura art by Apindra Swain
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
“You arrive at a village, and in this calm environment, one starts to hear echo.”
A tribal artform from eastern India, Saura art started out with its ritualistic beginnings on the walls of village homes, to become one of the most beautiful artforms that India is proud of. For the Sauras, whose language does not have a script, their art is a record of their history, their philosophy and religious practices.
Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Apindra Swain's family has been painting for generations. He is one artist who is trying to find a new path for this traditional art form and works on modern artifacts like kettles, bottles and experiments with changing the art form like incorporating calligraphy within pattachitra art. To continue the legacy of pattachitra in new and interesting ways is his dream
- Size: 3 feet by 2 feet
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Saura style on canvas
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image