24th April: Online Miniature art workshop with Rajendra Sharma
Sold OutRs. 750.00
These are unprecedented times - we wanted to do something to help our artists and help the community at the same time. We posted online art tutorial videos by our artists which were really loved by people and encouraged us to initiate live online art classes. Art is truly therapeutic and will hopefully help you as much as it is helping us. All proceeds from the sales of these art workshops will be passed directly to our artists.
DAY: 24th April, Friday
Time: 1-3 pm India time / 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm Hong Kong time
This painting is one of the series of 'Ragamala' paintings and we will be painting this during the class- Rajendra Sharma will guide you on how to create the basic drawing, colour combinations and the final finishing. At the end of the class we will also share images of other more complicated artworks which you can practice in your own time. Step by step instructions will be given and also shared after the class. You can get direct feedback from the artist during the class.
Materials that you will need:
- Paper (this painting is about regular A4 size)
- Brushes from size 0 to size 5/6 should be enough
- Post colours are preferable for this workshop (acrylic can be used if you don't have poster colours)
- Black rotoring pen for outlines
This will be a two hour class for beginners and will be conducted over Zoom - Miniature art is more detailed and this class is thus best suited for adults as it maybe too complicated for children.
A demo of Rajendra Sharma's art tutorial can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/memerakicom/videos/564016047588589/ - An early interest in painting, Rajendra Sharma or Raju ji as we fondly call him, has been interested in art since the age of 10 and has now been a miniature artist for 25 years. A self taught who learnt the intricacies of miniature art on his own as he did not belong to a family of artists, his father was actually a legal draftsman. Being in Jaipur and seeing the beautiful art all over Jaipur as this art was patronized by the Mughals, Miniature paintings were what he was naturally drawn towards. His dream is to popularise this art in all corners of the world so many more people can continue to learn and take this art forward.
More classes will be organised every week with other artists as well, we hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- Details to join the zoom call will be sent once we receive payment and you will be asked to share the name of the participant. Only one participant per purchase and please join with the registered email address. We will also send a Google Calendar invite once you register
- All the sales proceeds minus payment gateway cost will be passed to the artist as we are facilitating these workshops to help our artists during these unprecedented times
- Class is not transferrable to another person and maximum 10 people per class - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered
Each of our bags is one of a kind and an exact copy of the same bag would not be made, however if you like the artwork or the style of bag and would like something similar, please click on 'Email us to customise a similar style/art bag' and we will get back to you with which styles of bags we currently have available where the artwork can be customised.