Ganesh With Ridhi Sidhi: PHAD PAINTING BY KRITIKA JOSHI
The painting depicts ganesh with his two wives, Ridhi and Sidhi. He is sitting cross legged on a mat with a pillow behind his back and a parasol over his head. He is holding a lotus, spear, a bowl of laddus in his hands. His vehicle mushak raja is sitting at his feet with his hands folded. Ridhi and Sidhi are painted in typical phad style, and they are flanking ganesha.
Kritika Joshi, belongs to the illustrious Joshi family, who started Phad Painting Art 700 years ago. She is the 30th generation in her family after her father Kalyan Joshi who has carried forward this art and has been practicing this art for 12 years already. Creating new ways to take Phad art to the world is her dream.
Phad Painting or Phad is a style religious scroll painting and folk painting, practiced in Rajasthan state of India. This style of painting is traditionally done on a long piece of cloth or canvas, known as phad. The narratives of the folk deities of Rajasthan, mostly of Pabuji and Devnarayan are depicted on the phads.
- Size: 15 inches by 19 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame.
- Handpainted in Phad art by Artist Kritika Joshi
- Painted with Natural colours made by the artist.
- Handpainted on handmade paper.
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks