Saraswati, Tanjore Painting
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
Sarasvati, the Hindu goddess of learning and the arts, especially music. First appearing as the personification of the sacred river Sarasvati and also identified with Vac, the goddess of speech, she is later named the consort, daughter, or granddaughter of the god Brahma.
Tanjore Paintings Is A Classical South Indian Art Developed In The Late 16th Century In Thanjavur Also Known As Tanjore In Tamilnadu South Indian State. These Tanjore Paintings Evoke A Sense Of Class And Timelessness With Their Alluring Illustrations Of Puranic Scenes. This Ancient Art Form Traces Its Origin To Tanjavur, Capital Of The Erstwhile Chola Empire And Is Popular Among Contemporary Indian Women For Showcasing Their Artistic Inclination And Tastes.
Sanjay Tandekar has been painting for 15 years. He completed his Bachelors in Fine Arts and Masters in Fine Arts from Nagpur. He always had a keen interest in traditional arts and learned Tanjore painting by closely observing the details of art form and is a self taught Tanjore artist. Now his wife and father both are involved in this beautiful art form along with him. He has won several awards and merits for his excellence in Tanjore and other art.
This painting is made to order and will take 2-3 weeks to be painted once the order has been placed. 22 Carat gold foil has been used to make this painting
- Artist: Sanjay Tandekar
- Size: 24 X 30 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Tanjore style
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image