The Celebration: PHAD PAINTING BY KRITIKA JOSHI
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
This painting depicts the scene of the sawan jhullo. Although traditionally a festival of women, here we can see a man on the swing as well. The couple is surrounded by female figures who could be their attendants or entertainers, or maidservants. There is a water body in front of them, while the background depicts different types of trees.
Kritika Joshi, belongs to the illustrious Joshi family, who started Phad Painting Art 700 years ago. She is the 30th generation in her family after her father Kalyan Joshi who has carried forward this art and has been practicing this art for 12 years already. Creating new ways to take Phad art to the world is her dream.
Phad Painting or Phad is a style religious scroll painting and folk painting, practiced in Rajasthan state of India. This style of painting is traditionally done on a long piece of cloth or canvas, known as phad. The narratives of the folk deities of Rajasthan, mostly of Pabuji and Devnarayan are depicted on the phads.
- Size: 10.5 inches by 13 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame.
- Handpainted in Phad art by Artist Kritika Joshi
- Painted with Natural colours made by the artist.
- Handpainted on handmade paper.
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings