This lampshade decorated in beautiful flower design can be a wonderful addition to your drawing room or on your bedside table. MeMeraki will help you brighten your personal spaces with a touch of traditional Indian Tholu art. You will be creating your own lampshade adorned with Tholu art. Start with practicing on a rough paper, and then sketch first on the lampshade using a pencil, make the sketch fair by painting it with poster colours.
The workshop was conducted over 2 classes of two hours each and was conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join. Beginner friendly
Kanday Anjanapp will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and the other intricacies of Tholu Bommalata and you will be creating your own Lampshade.
DATE: 31st Jan, 01st Feb 2023 05:00-07:00 PM IST
Tholu Bommalata Motifs
- Stand with Leather shade
- Natural Colors ( Red, Yellow, Black, Orange, Crimson Pink, Green, Blue & Brown)
We ship worldwide, shipping charges of 2000 INR are applicable for international orders. Our Prices are inclusive of GST/Taxes. No additional charges are applicable for domestic deliveries.
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)- please have slightly thicker paper of about 300 GSM as that is more sturdy for making the puppet(normal printing paper is about 55 gsm for comparison)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.