Buy Recording : ONLINE CHARPAI WEAVING WORKSHOP WITH GAUHAR( in collaboration with SIROHI)
ONLINE CHARPAI WEAVING WORKSHOP WITH GAUHAR( in collaboration with SIROHI)
This workshop is now over and you can buy the recording.
It was conducted in one class of two hours for beginners and was conducted over zoom - adults can join (not suitable for children)
This unique Charpai weaving workshop is in collaboration with Sirohi where artisan Gauhar will be teaching us this traditional form of weaving which has been passed down through the generations. Take part in this unique experience of making something functional, sustainable and beautiful with your hands and our help!
Sirohi is a sustainable luxury brand that advocates a slow and simple lifestyle based on values of the Indian heritage and culture. Their products are handwoven by skilled women artisans with an aim to bring the beauty of the outdoors, indoors, while promoting a circular economy.
Materials that will be sent as part of this workshop:
- Mini Charpai Frame (wood)
- Natural Jute Rope (0.25 kg)
- Recycled Textile Waste Rope (0.25 kg)
- Frame Dimensions (inches)- 12” L x 4” W x 3.5” H
Your Sustainability Metrics:
- #WasteToWow: 0.5 kgs (how much waste material gets converted into a wow product)
- Co2 Savings: 1 kg (amount of carbon emission reduced by reusing waste material)
- Material: Recycled Textile Waste & Natural Jute Fibre
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Enter the Terms and Conditions workshop recordings here.