20,21,27,28 Nov, 4,5,11,12 Dec: ONLINE ADVANCED TANJORE SARASWATI WORKSHOP WITH SANJAY TANDEKAR (Advanced Tanjore With Materials)
ONLINE TANJORE ADVANCED WORKSHOP BY SANJAY TANDEKAR
DATE: 20, 21, 27, 28 November & 4,5,11, 12 Dec (Saturdays and Sundays)
TIME: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm IST
Tanjore paintings are created with real gold foil (22k Gold).
Sanjay Tandekar, a traditional Tanjore painting artist will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop. By popular demand, this is our first ADVANCED TANJORE WORKSHOP and there will be only 20 seats for this one.
This is an ADVANCED workshop on popular demand and the following steps will be covered in this 8 day workshop .Please note that our earlier workshops have been done in 4-5 days but as this is an advanced workshop with Tanjore tools as well as a bigger sized board and this requires more work
- Tracing , coloring and shading techniques
- Sticking Jaipur stones and working with tools
- Double layer cone work
- Gold foil work
The following materials will be sent in the art kit for this workshop:
- Bigger Muckboard (Size: 12 by 15 inches) -this is the traditional board made by the artist for Tanjore art (we will not be covering making the board in the workshop) . In earlier workshops we have worked on a 8 by 10 inches board and also a 10 by 12 inches board and this time as the painting has more work and this is an advanced workshop, thus we are working with a bigger board.
- Gold foil (22k gold) with 15 sheets
- Stone cutting tools
- Arabic gum
- Stones in different sizes as required in the artwork - Original Jaipur Stones (red and green round and square size)
- French Chalk powder
- Tracing paper with Artwork
- Red/Yellow carbon paper
- Plastic cones
- Cello Tape
- Paper cutter Tools
- Gold Color
At your end please also have the following materials:
- Thread to tie the cone
- Pencil and rubber
- Poster colours (acrylic colours are also ok but poster colors are preferred) and colour pallete
- A smooth silky material cloth- small piece just to pat the gold foil when pasting it
- Please have a hair dryer with you so that the cone work can dry quickly in the first workshop and we can start the gold foil work
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
- The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
- We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. We will keep the recordings for a week, please download after the workshop.
- The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
- Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
- Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
- We will also create a WhatsApp group for easy communication on the day of the class. The group will be deleted a couple of days after the class. Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632293370227782.
- Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address