Get Upto 10% OFF on purchase of this product.
Get upto 10% OFF on Live Workshops when sign up for 2 or more workshops.
Get 10% OFF coupon code for Art Kits signing up for Masterclass or Live Workshop.
Earn upto 2,499.00 Points on purchase of this product.
ONLINE ROGAN ART WORKSHOP BY RIZWAN KHATRI
This workshop is now over and you can buy the recordings for this workshop.
For the first time on popular demand we are hosting a Rogan art workshop with one of the oldest families practising this art. This was a two hour class each for over 2 days and was conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 12 years can join.
- Day 1: Introduction about Rogan, introduction to colours, some practise of using colours on paper (Please see a short video for this technique that we have added here)
- Day 2: Working with colours on cloth- traditionally one side of the artwork is worked on and then the other side is placed on top of the completed side so that the artwork replicates on the other side
Materials that will be sent for this workshop:
- 3 colours prepared by the artist (blue, yellow, green)- these colours are prepared with castor oil and make a long time to make and only last from 10-14 days. Hence deliveries for this workshop will be done from 15th to 25th of September and all orders must be placed before that
- Black Cloth for painting- about 1 meter
- Kalam- this is the traditional iron kalam /small rod used by the artist
At your end please have the following ready
- Some paper to practise on day 1
- Some rough cloth
About the artist: Rizwan Khatri is a 7th generation Rogan artist. His father Sidik Khatri, a well known Master artist from village Nirona in Kutch lost everything after the 2001 earthquake and had to forcibly give up rogan art in order to support his family . Rizwan was a young student then but had the vision and love for his family's heritage to take up rogan art again. His father, first skeptical, saw his perseverance and supported him and his brother then took up the art too and together they have been innovating and taking this art forward in new ways. His work has now also been showcased at the Lakme Fashion Week and a painting by him has also been presented by PM Modi to the British High Commissioner. Rizwan has now also taken the initiative to teach this art to 15 women in his village - again a testament to his progressive thinking as women were earlier barred from learning this art.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
We ship worldwide, shipping charges of 2000 INR are applicable for international orders. Our Prices are inclusive of GST/Taxes. No additional charges are applicable for domestic deliveries.