2nd July 2022 : NATURAL STONE COLOUR MAKING WORKSHOP WITH MOHAN KUMAR PRAJAPATI
Online Natural Stone Colour Making Workshop With Mohan Prajapati
DATE: 2nd July, 2022
Time : 04:00 pM to 06:00 PM IST
This workshop will be done in two hours and will be conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 16 years can join.
Mohan Prajapati will guide you about the intricacies and take your through a step-by step process while we create our own naturally derived stone colors.
In Mughal style of miniature painting, the role and use of color is of extreme significance, both in terms of visual representation and symbolic meaning. Artist use colors which are derived from plants, vegetables and different types of earth colors from the range of clays, tree barks and natural material available.
In this workshop we will be learning about where these colors are derived from, reaching to the source of the material used to create these pigments. In the same duration we will learn to mix, grind and create pigments that can be used on canvas.
We will be making eight different colors which is a interesting process to go through, colors such as Blue from indigo, Red from Hansraj (Ingle), Yellow from Gond ka peela ( Gum from a type of tree) and many more.
The following materials will be sent by us for this workshop:
Colours & Brush :
- Black, Yellow, Red, Green, Indigo, White, Gond, Zinc with Natural Hair Brushes '00' & '3'
Materials that you will need:
- Heavy Stone ( You can take any stone you find or have )
- Sea Shell ( Only if available )
- Small Containers to store the colors ( You may use cups or glass containers )
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.