8th-9th October: Online Sanjhi Tea Light Workshop by Ashutosh Verma
ONLINE SANJHI WORKSHOP WITH ASHUTOSH VERMA
DATE: 8th-9th October, 2022
TIME: 10:30 Am to 12:30 Pm IST
A peaceful evening is much awaited after a busy day at work. Create a relaxing atmosphere to relieve your stress, decorate your tea light with Sanjhi art depicting a plant, a symbol of growth and success, a symbol that you’ve crafted for yourself.
An accent lighting that will be created through the tea light will provide you with a sense of well-being. You will be provided with special scissors exclusively used for the Sanjhi art, along with stencils which will involve you tracing the art. At the end of it, you will be covering the iron frame for tea light with your finished Sanjhi artwork.
This workshop will be two hour class for beginners and will conducted over Zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join.
Sanjhi is the ancient art of paper stenciling practiced across Mathura and Vrindavan. This art is done with special scissors and hand-made paper to create a stencil.
The following materials will be sent for this workshop:
- Special Scissors made only for Sanjhi Art by the artists family in Mathura
- Stencils for tracing the artwork will be provided
- Handmade paper
- Iron Frame for the tea light
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
• We will be sending a calendar invite and email invite with zoom link to join 2 days before the workshop once we receive payment (please don't select the option for COD).
• The workshops are attended by beginners as well as others who may already be acquainted with art hence, we will keep a pace that everyone is comfortable with.
• We will share a recording of the workshop after the workshop, so even if you miss anything please don't worry as you can still follow again from the recording. The artists mostly speak in Hindi, Memeraki team will be moderating and translating.
• Workshop will be conducted over Zoom. If you don't already use Zoom, please download the zoom app on your phone or laptop (easier to sit on a desk with a laptop or with the phone on a stand so you can see the artist paint and follow at the same time and so that the artist can also see you painting. Please sit in a well-lit place)
• Please test audio and video on zoom. Please stay on mute during the workshop so that everyone can hear the artist, please unmute anytime you wish to ask a question. We may also request you to switch off video at some points as the locations where the artists are sometimes don’t have good bandwidth (we have tested and it works fine usually)
• Please also join our Facebook group to keep in touch with us and other participants https://www.facebook.co/groups/1632293370227782. Class is not transferable to another person - please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered and please join with the registered email address.