Maha Raas Shreenathji, Pichwai Painting
Maha Raas is the festival that celebrates Raas Leela, or the divine dance that Krishna performed with the Gopis (cow herding girls) of Braj. The dance symbolises the divine union and the spiritual love between Krishna and his devotees. The Raas Leela is said to take place on the first full-moon night or Purnima after the monsoon, which marks the onset of autumn, or Sharad.
The art of Pichwai originated over 400 years ago, illustrating tales of Shrinathji, an incarnation of Krishna, the deity manifest as a seven-year-old child. Prominent in th Nathadwara region of Rajasthan especially in the Vaishnavite sect, the paintings are hand-painted on cloth or paper and depict different scenes and stills.
Jayesh Sharma ji, has been a Pichwai artist for more than 38 years and his family has been practicing this art for 400 years too – more than 9 generations of their family have been Pichwai artists and have been associated with the temple at Nathdwara.
This painting is made to order and will take 2-3 weeks to be painted once the order has been placed.
- Artist: Jayesh Sharma
- Size: 48 X 60 inch
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Pichwai style
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat