Meladi mata, Mata ni Pachedi by Chandrakant Bhulabhai
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
“I have called on the Goddess and found her within myself”
~ Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Mists of Avalon
Meladi Maata preaches the concept of truth all around the world. Meladi Maata is known for true love and thoughts. She has a huge pilgrim following her. People in Kheda holds high veneration for the divine mother.
When the nomadic Vaghera community was not allowed to visit temples, they created their own temples in their homes by painting these stunning incarnations of the mother goddess on big cloth paintings. It is one of the few folk art forms which involves both block printing as well as free hand drawing.
Many times such textiles in Mata ni Pachedi art are donated by devotees after the fulfilment of wishes. These goddesses keep members of the devotee's family healthy. They control the rains and weather, cure animal diseases and guard the region against natural as well as supernatural calamities (Gatwood 1985), denoted here is Meladi Maata whose vehicle is the goat.
- Size: 74 inches by 56 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Kalamkari style on canvas
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image